Patient Participation Group
The Aims of the Patient Participation Group
We have an active Patient Participation Group representing the patients of Bloxham & Hook Norton Surgeries.
A Patient Participation Group should be representative of the patients at Bloxham & Hook Norton Surgeries, male, female, single young adults, people with young families, patients with long-term conditions, middle aged and older patients.
- To give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their own practice.
- A forum for patients and staff to improve and develop services within the practice by co-production.
- To provide an opportunity for patients to make positive and constructive suggestions/ideas about the practice and specific medical conditions as an 'expert' or 'experienced patient'.
- To encourage health education activities within the practice.
- To involve further patients from the wider population.
- To involve patient participation in future commissioning of Health Provision
What are the Benefits for the Patients
¤ Patients will have a better understanding and knowledge of the practice
and its staff.
¤ This allows latest information to be given to patients regarding the
practice and will inform what decisions can be influenced and what
¤ It will allow to present the patient’s perspective to the practice staff and
help them gain an understanding.
¤ Patients will benefit from improved communications between patients
What are the benefits for the Surgery
¤ GPs and their staff will be able to plan services jointly with patients in
order to increase their effectiveness.
¤ They will be able to get help from patients in meeting targets and
¤ They will have a forum to voice concerns, ideas and suggestions to
¤ They will get closer to the community for whom they care.
Patient Practice Group Signup
Patient Practice Group Contact Form
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
Getting Your View
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this. Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.