Please read carefully all the information we have provided here regarding the COVID-19 vaccination.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE HEALTH CENTRE TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR YOUR VACCINATION.
YOU WILL BE INVITED FOR VACCINATION IN DUE COURSE.
If you would like to decline having a COVID-19 vaccination please inform us.
We are carefully planning our recall for our patients using the prioritisation guidance criteria issued by the NHS.
The prioritisation guidance for eligible cohorts is
- Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults- ONGOING
- All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers- ONGOING
- All those 75 years of age and over
- All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals (not including pregnant women and those under 16 years of age)
- All those 65 years of age and over
- Adults aged 16 to 65 years in an at-risk group
- All those 60 years of age and over
- All those 55 years of age and over
- All those 50 years of age and over
- Rest of the population (to be determined)
There is strict guidance detailing that the vaccine is not suitable for some patients due to their health conditions. This information must all be taken into account when inviting our patients to be vaccinated
The vaccination cannot be given opportunistically and must be given within a dedicated clinic appointment. We will contact you to make your first appointment only and when further guidance are given we will be contacting patients again to book their second vaccination.
The programme detail may change as alternative vaccines are approved and made available for use.
- You must not have had any other type of vaccination within 7 days prior to receiving the COVID vaccination
- You must not have had a positive COVID test within the 4 weeks prior to your COVID vaccination
Attending for your appointment
Please come to your appointment 10 minutes before your allotted time, no more than this though please. This will allow time for you to be registered and for a member of staff to ask you a few questions.
- When you arrive at the Health Centre you will park in the patient car park.
- You will enter the building via the front double doors.
- You will be greeted by a care navigator that will ask you some COVID screening questions.
- You will be directed towards the front desk where a member of staff will check you in and go through your consent form with you.
- You will then be directed to wait until the nurse is ready to vaccinate you.
- You may have to remain in the practice for 15 minutes after the vaccination for observation purposes. You will be advised of this on the day.
- You will exit via the front double doors where you entered.
Please remember -
Do not attend if you have COVID-19 symptoms, wear a loose sleeved top, sanitise your hands and wear a face covering if you can.
To watch a video regarding 'consent' please click here.
If you have any questions or queries about the vaccination please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
Welcome to Bloxham and Hook Norton Surgeries
The practice has been based at Godswell Lodge in the centre of Bloxham since 1995 and following several very long years in temporary accommodation, we moved in Spring 2001 into a new purpose-built surgery in The Bourne, Hook Norton.
Our aim is to provide a high standard of patient care within a friendly and caring environment. The practice philosophy couples traditional ideals of caring in general practice with a modern approach to patient choice and an open mind on complementary therapies. Patients are welcome to take advantage of surgeries and facilities at both sites.
At Bloxham Surgery we have a dispensary and a complementary therapy centre. Bloxham Dental Surgery is in an adjacent building.