Reception Manager Position
Reception Manager Position
The following are the core responsibilities of the reception manager. There may be on occasion a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon such factors as workload and staffing levels.
In addition to carrying out normal reception duties on a regular rota basis the reception Manager is also responsible for;
- Overseeing the reception services of the practice at two sites some 5 miles apart, ensuring reception staff achieve their primary responsibilities
- Line managing all reception staff, supporting their development, providing guidance and direction, ensuring they are up to date with mandatory training
- Completion of recepetion staff appraisals in combination with the practice manager
- Identifying and delivering team training where required
- Compiling reception staff rotas
- Reviewing and updating reception procedures as required
- Supporting the admin team by providing practice reports and practice development plans as required.
- Developing, implementing and embedding efficient reception processes
- Acting as the focal point for communication between the reception team and other departments, advising the reception team of relevant information
- Providing initial guidance to patients who wish to complain
- Managing deliveries to the practice ensuring adherence to the cold chain policy
- Liaising with other teams / departments
- Providing first line IT support to reception colleagues
- being the practice lead on data protection and processing FOI and SAR’s
- Instigating and updating a reception rota which enables you to work at both sites on a weekly basis
- Attendance at internal meetings as required.
- Flexibility to cover all aspects of the reception team needs
Expected start date 6/4/2021
Salary dependent on experience, with a minimum of two years General practice administration experience a requirement
Initial screening of applicants will be completed by a remote MS Teams meeting.
Final interviews will be conducted face to face within a Covid secure environment
Reference ID: BLOX/DM/0221
Part-time hours: 20-25 per week
Application deadline: 28/02/2021
Expected start date: 06/04/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £13,000.00-£17,000.00 per year
Covid -19 precaution(s):
Remote Interview Process
PPE equipment provided
Glass shield provided at main reception desk
Social Distancing guidelines in place
Sanitisation, disinfectant or cleaning procedures in place
- primary 'care: 2 years (Required)
Contact: Please email CV to Di Waller: Di.Waller1@nhs.net
Covid Update 25/02/2021
We have now invited all of our patients within the first 4 priority groups for vaccination and these vaccinations were completed on Sunday 14th February, this means that we have vaccinated around 10,000 patients within our Primary Care Network.
If you are in these groups and have not been vaccinated and would like to be then please email firstname.lastname@example.org the subject heading of ‘Group 1-4 requesting a vaccine or by phoning the Surgery.
Group 5 – aged 65-69
We have been advised that NHS England will be issuing invitations to all of our group 5 cohorts (those aged 65-69) that have not already been vaccinated and that we should not be inviting group 5 patients for vaccination at our clinics at Chipping Norton Health Centre.
If you are aged 65-69 and would like your COVID vaccination please follow the instructions you will be given in the invitation from NHS England to book an appointment at one of the local mass vaccination centres.
We are being allocated limited stock of vaccines and have been directed to invite our group 6 cohorts (those aged 16-64 with underlying health conditions) to be vaccinated with the stock that we do receive.
If you are aged 65-69 and are not able to not attend a mass vaccination centre for some reason please email us as on: email@example.com with your details and include the details of why you cannot attend the max vaccination centre. If you choose not to visit a mass vaccination centre, it may be a longer wait for you to be vaccinated at Chipping Norton Health Centre.
Prioritisation group 6 – those aged 16-64 with underlying health conditions or carers
All of our group 6 cohorts will be sent a text message with a link to book their appointment. If you cannot use the link for some reason, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively the Surgery will contact you to book this in, avoid calling the Surgery. JCVI priority Cohort 6 includes ‘all individuals aged 16 years to 65 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality’. This also includes those who are in receipt of a carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill.
There are no current plans for vaccines to be done at Bloxham and Hook Norton Surgery or for choosing which vaccine to have at any clinic, we will update this notice if either of those change. Deliveries are currently at short notice and so we may contact you to attend at short notice for your vaccine.
We are waiting for further guidance on second dose vaccines and will update this notice when we know more, patients will be contacted when we are able to offer second doses of the vaccine.
Updated 25th February 2021
JVCI Priority Groups
- Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults – completed
- All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers – completed
- All those 75 years of age and over – completed
- All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals (not including pregnant women and those under 16 years of age) – completed
- All those 65 years of age and over – NHS England are inviting to max vaccination centres if not yet vaccinated
- Adults aged 16 to 65 years in an at-risk group – invitations started 15/02/21
- All those 60 years of age and over- NHS England are inviting to max vaccination centres
- All those 55 years of age and over
- All those 50 years of age and over
- Rest of the population (to be determined)
Covid queries email address
We have created a Covid Email addrress for our patients. If you have any Covid relating Queries or enquiries, whether this is to ask regarding the vaccine or to inform us you have had the vaccine (as the information takes time to get to us) you can email:
Please note: We aim to respond to any queries within 24 hours.